I'm stuck in Providence on a rainy day. Do you have any suggestions for indoor activities?
- Breakfast at the Seaplane Diner.
- Visit the Providence Children's Museum.
- Tour John Brown House (1786).
- Visit the Museum of Natural History and Planetarium at Roger Williams Park.
- Go antiquing along Wickenden Street (but bring an umbrella).
- Lift a pint or two at Trinity Brewhouse.
- Visit the RISD Museum.
- Drive through Swan Point Cemetery.
- Play some pool at Snookers.
- Check out the scandalous view at the Foxy Lady.
- Get it on like Donkey Kong at Free Play Bar Arcade.
- Search the dusty shelves of Cellar Stories used bookstore for literary treasure.
- Catch a matinee at the Avon Cinema.
- Scout for a bargain at the Salvation Army Thrift Store or Savers.
- Check out the artsy alternative offerings at AS220.
- Restaurants, restaurants, restaurants!
And of course...
There's also the Providence Place Mall, but unless you're looking for the comforting sameness that can be found in any mall coast to coast, we don't encourage you to go there. If that's what you're looking for, though, hey, knock yourself out.