There are so many different ways to experience Rhode Island, it would be foolhardy to try to list them all. But fools rush in where angels fear to tread, and we're just the fools for the job.
Do we have to tell you that the following is offered for informational purposes only, and that inclusion of a tour on this page should not be construed as an endorsement by Quahog.org? Well, consider yourself told.
- Audobon Society of Rhode Island, check calendar for nature walks
- Bellevue Avenue History Trail, Bellevue Avenue (between Memorial Avenue and Rough Point), Newport. The self-guided trail consists of eleven markers placed along Bellevue Avenue that describe notable architectural features, including some that no longer exist. (401) 847-1000; email@example.com; www.newportmansions.org.
- Cliff Walk, Newport.
- Doors Open Rhode Island
- Ghost Tours Newport
- Harbor Walk, Newport.
- Independence Trail, Providence.
- Lovecraft's College Hill, Providence.
- Newport Historical Society Walking and Site Tours
- Newport History Tours
- Providence Ghost Tour
- Providence Mob Tours
- Providence Preservation Society Walking Tours
- Rhode Island's Trail Systems
- Rhode Tour app
- Speaking of Wickenden, self-guided cell phone walking tour.
- Statue and Monument Tour of Downtown Providence
There are a number of walking tour pamphlets for Blackstone Valley towns and villages available from the Blackstone River Valley National Heritage Corridor. Pick 'em up at the Blackstone Valley Visitor's Center, Pawtucket; the Museum of Work and Culture, Woonsocket; or anywhere tourism brochures can be found.
- Experience Rhode Island
- Narragansett Summer Trolley Service
- Rhode Island Resource Recovery Facility Tours
- The Rhode Island Brew Bus.
- Scenic and Historic Driving Tour of South Kingstown
- Ten Mile Drive, Newport.
- Blackstone Culinaria Food Tours
- Federal Hill Stroll, Providence.
- Federal Hill Tours
- The Rhode Island Brew Bus.
- Rhode Island Red Food Tours
- America's Cup Charters, Newport.
- Blackstone River Cruises
- Classic Cruises of Newport
- Coastal Queen Cruises, Newport and Jamestown
- Frances Fleet Deep Sea Fishing and Whale Watching, Narragansett.
- Gansett Cruises, Newport.
- Kayak Centre Tours, North Kingstown.
- Providence Kayak
- Providence River Boat Company
- Rhode Island Bay Cruises, North Kingstown.
- Rhode Island's Water Trail Maps
- Sailing Excursions, Newport.
- Save The Bay Tours.
- Sightsailing of Newport.
Lastly, always be sure to check Quahog's Events Calendar for upcoming one-off walking tours, bus tours, or bay, harbor, or river cruises.
- A Guide to Providence Architecture by William McKenzie Woodward (2003).
- Secret Providence and Newport: The Unique Guidebook to Providence and Newport's Hidden Sites, Sounds, and Tastes by Barbara Radcliffe Rogers, Juliette Rogers, and Linda Rutenberg (2002).
- Paddling Southern New England: 30 Canoe Trips in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut by Ken Weber (2001).
- Rhode Island Birding Trails by Jeffrey C. Hall and Ken Weber (2016).
- Weekend Walks in Rhode Island: 40 Trails for Hiking, Birding, and Nature Viewing by Ken Weber (2005).
Did we miss a tour or a guide book? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with the pertinent info.