Dexter Parade Ground is better known today as Dexter Park, the grounds of the Cranston Street Armory. The 9.84-acre park is bounded by Cranston Street and the armory on the south, by Hollywood Road on the north, by Dexter Street on the east, and by Parade Street on the west. The armory was built in 1907 and was the focal point around which the West End of Providence was developed.

Return to Esek

© 1999–2017 Quahog.org (with the exception of elements provided by contributors, as noted).