Nailer Tom Hazard wrote in his diary on May 26, 1785, "Went to Tower Hill to the funeral of Joseph Hull. Thomas Hazard preached." Caroline Hazard, in an 1895 article on "The Burying-Ground of the Old South Kingstown Meeting House," identified Hull as the Tower Hill blacksmith, and believed him to be buried here, "though there is no evidence of it."

Return to The Last Gibbet Cage

© 1999–2017 Quahog.org (with the exception of elements provided by contributors, as noted).